Washed with the warmth and color of the afternoon sun and in true African style, luxury tents overlook the magnificent bushveld. It is here that our guests while away moments relaxing and reflecting on the tranquility and intimacy afforded by this small camp. Eight comfortable tents, each with private facilities and feature bushveld bath, connected by pathways with the main Camp.
Ideal entry level Lodge where meals are taken together to afford the opportunity for all guests to share the excitement of the day’s game viewing experiences. Situated a few minutes drive from Thornybush Game Lodge, where extensive Spa Treatments are available to all Chapungu Tented Camp guests.
– Eight en-suite tents (16 guests)
– Overhead ceiling fans and air-conditioners in all tents
– Rock pool
– Curio shop, boma and dining area
– Wine cellar
– No persons under 16 years
Relive a bygone era...
The famous Victorian explorer Henry Morton Stanley who immortalized the words Dr Livingstone, I presume? wrote these words in his expedition journal:
"For the traveler who is a true lover of wildlife; where can she be found in such variety as in Africa; where is she so mysterious, fantastic and savage; where are her charms so strong her mood so strange"
Now modern day adventurers can journey in the footsteps of the great explorers and rediscover an era of private safari expeditions into the heart of Africa by sleeping under the skies with only canvas to separate themselves from the dangers of the South African bushveld.
Chapungu Tented Bush Camp is tastefully furnished in old-world colonial splendor and offers safari enthusiasts an atmosphere reminiscent of the style and class of that bygone era complete with great cuisine and old fashioned service.
Chapungu Tented Camp offers unique exclusive Safari experiences in both open Land Cruisers, and on foot. The private reserve is home to an abundance of species: 147 mammals including the "Big Five", 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. The reserve is predominantly open savannah and with a near perfect year round climate, it is the ideal African safari holiday destination.
Amani African Spas is an authentically South African Spa brand, which ha s a distinctive 360º approach to health and wellness. This is indeed what places Amani Spas apart from other service providers in the country.
Amani’s extensive collection of spas can be found in luxury resorts, city hotels and other sought-after locations around the country.
This multi award-winning spa group has revolutionised traditional spa treatments and take n beauty beyond skin-deep. Amani's focus is on complimentary health designed and customised for the individual. Amani African Spas offer some unique therapies are designed to bring balance to the physical, emotional and mental well-being, as well as preserve and enhance youthfulness .
– Breakfast 09h00-10h00 - depending on season
– Lunch 15h00-15h30 depending on season
– Dinner 20h00 depending on season
Times that the game drives depart:
– Summer 05H30 and 15H30
– Winter 06h00 and 15H30
Times that the walks depart:
– After brunch
A typical day
The day starts as dawn breaks over the African bushveld. After your early morning wake-up call. Shortly after, you depart in your open Land Cruiser with your experienced Rangers and Trackers who will share their extensive knowledge of the bush with you. These drives are undertaken at times best suited for game viewing which vary depending on the season but typically start early morning. Where applicable you may be invited out of the vehicle to see tracks, examine certain plants and follow spoor.
– After an exhilarating hunt for tracks to see what the animals have been up to during the night, and tracking down whatever you find, you will stop somewhere out in the bush for a break of coffee or tea and a chance to stretch your legs. In winter, we keep our guests warm on the vehicle with hot water bottles & warm blankets.
– After a sumptuous Breakfast is served back at the camp, guests are offered walks to suit their interests and fitness levels and are accompanied by an armed ranger.
– Walks allow guests a better chance to see some of the smaller creatures of the bush as well as an opportunity to learn more about the flora and fauna of the region and a chance to follow tracks in more detail.
– Our Shangaan trackers will enthrall you with their explanations of the medicinal and other uses of the numerous plants and trees along with tales of traditional folklore.
– The rest of the day is spent at the discretion, with a late lunch served around 3.00pm. Lunch is followed by the afternoon game drive and extends into the evening to view seldom seen nocturnal species by spotlight.
– You will take a break somewhere out in the bush, in a remote, scenic spot to watch the sunset, where Sundowners and snacks are offered to guests whilst you stretch your legs.
– Upon returning for a gourmet three course dinner, either in the boma or lodge - guests can socialize around the campfire or lounge before retiring to bed.
– Where possible, safaris will be tailored to suit individual preferences and interest.
► From R4865.28 Per Person Sharing Per Night
► From R7297.92 Single Person Per Night
THE ABOVE RATES INCLUDE:
– All meals, teas, coffees; snacks
– Dawn and dusk safaris in open land rovers and bushveld walks
THE ABOVE RATES EXCLUDE:
– Curio, telephone and laundry expenses
– Conservation Fee TOMSA Levy and Increases in any of the above costs
TOMSA LEVY AND CONSERVATION FEES:
– Conservation fee of R395.00 per person per booking. TOMSA Levy: R9.00 per person per night (4* Lodges) – to be settled on reservations invoice – WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT